Tuesday 18 December 2018

Tane Mahuta

                                    Tane Mahuta          

Today I am going to be telling you why I what to go and see the Tane Mahuta Tree. It is the longest liveing tree in New Zealand


Here is the reason why.

I wound like to go and see the Tane Mahuta tree to see how big and compare me standing next to it to see how little I am next to it. Also it wound be so cool to go through a bush walk and then come across the bigest tree in New Zealand. I wounder how many 10 year old kids holding hands it would take to go around the whole tree? Do you know how many meters tall or how many feet tall. 

That is why I what to see the Tane Mahuta.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Siobhan!

    My name is Ellee, I work with Allie on the Summer Learning Journey Team!
    I hope you have had an amazing Christmas and New Year break?

    These are some great reasons to visit Tane Mahuta! I like the idea of 10 year olds circling around the tree to see how big it is - that is a good way to make a visual to remember. :)
    I think that Tane Mahuta would be pretty huge - My mum grew up in Hawkes Bay so when I was growing up we would visit in the summer. While we were there we would walk through the Red Woods and even the tree's there are gigantic! I can only imagine how much bigger Tane Mohuta must be...
    Have you done any walks where you have found massive trees?
    I am sure there must be lovely bush walks in your area?

    Great job with this activity Siobhan - Keep it up!
    Elee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.